Recall: Health hazards from Fidget Spinner

Recall: Health hazards from Fidget Spinner

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Popular toy: manufacturer calls Fidget Spinner back because of health hazard
Fidget spinners have become so popular that there have even been supply bottlenecks in recent months. The toy is mainly used by children and adolescents. The fidget spinners of the manufacturer "SYMEX" are now recalled. The products could pose a health hazard.

Recall for popular toys
Fidget spinners are "in". The small toy, which is also called a handheld spinning top in German, is not only intended for entertainment, but also for patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), for autism or against nervousness. However, it is not clear whether the spinners actually have a medical or therapeutic benefit. However, they can pose a health risk, as a recent recall shows.

Product does not comply with the safety regulations
According to a report by the internet portal "", the Luxembourg authorities are informing about the recall of fidget spinners by the importer Sodibel S.A.

This calls back Fidget Spinners from SYMEX model SPIN COLOR LED CS5555 reference SYM 0024 because they represent a serious health hazard for children. These are also commercially available in Germany.

The product is said to "not comply with European legislation on toy safety, especially because the button batteries and electronics with LEDs are easily accessible to children".

If batteries are swallowed, see a doctor
"Consumers who are in possession of this product are asked to remove it immediately from the reach of small children and to return it to the respective sales point," says the portal.

If a button cell is swallowed, this can lead to serious internal injuries. Among other things, toxic ingredients can leak and damage the mucous membrane.

If small parts such as batteries, magnets or long, pointed objects are swallowed, a doctor should always be consulted, experts recommend. (ad)

Author and source information