Salmonella found: Aldi is already calling back salami
Hans Kupfer & Sohn GmbH & Co. KG has started a recall for "Salami Piccolini". Salmonella has been found in the product sold by Aldi Nord. Just a few weeks ago, the sausage manufacturer had already announced a recall for the mini salami.
Salmonella discovered in mini salami
Hans Kupfer & Sohn GmbH & Co. KG is recalling the entire article "Salami Piccolini". "Salmonella was found in a sample of the" Mediterranean "variety (batch number HKS170671, best before date November 9, 2017)," wrote the Bavarian sausage manufacturer in a message. These bacteria can cause diarrhea and other health problems.
Do not consume affected products
According to the company, the items were "sold in branches of the Aldi Nord chain, exclusively in Berlin and Hamburg, as well as in the federal states of Brandenburg, Hesse, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia and Schleswig-Holstein."
In coordination with the authorities, the manufacturer has arranged for the return from the trade. Customers who have bought one of the products can return it to the retailer for a refund of the purchase price.
"We strongly advise against consuming the products," writes the company, which launched a recall campaign for Salmonella just a few weeks ago.
Young children and the elderly are particularly at risk
A Salmonella disease breaks out within a few hours or days after the infection and manifests itself with symptoms such as diarrhea, headache, abdominal pain, general malaise and occasionally vomiting.
There is often a mild fever. The complaints usually last for several days and then subside.
In rare cases, it can also lead to serious illnesses, such as blood poisoning.
“Infants, young children, the elderly and people with a weakened immune system are particularly at risk. They can have longer and more severe courses of the disease, ”explains the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA) on the website“ infektionsschutz.de ”.
"People who develop severe or persistent symptoms and have eaten this food should seek medical help and point out a possible Salmonella infection," writes Hans Kupfer & Sohn GmbH & Co. KG. (ad)